A shader engine series is a continuation of the Game Engine
and Ghost Toast
VMK series. The game engine is rewritten using more advanced C++ features and the renderer is updated to use the core OpenGL v3.x specifications with GLSL shaders.This VMK series is still under development so new videos are being released as they are completed.Features
The Shader Engine VMK series will teach you to:
Included with this bundle
- design a c++ framework that uses exceptions
- architect software that runs on multiple threads
- use vertex buffer and array object in OpenGL
- implement vertex and pixel shaders using GLSL
- handle multiple shaders in a game
- manage game assets (textures, fonts, sounds, music, models, etc)
- batch render
- implement an animation engine
- + more!
Upon purchasing this VMK Series
the following VMK will be available for direct download:
- ALL Shader Engine VMK (includes all VMK that are there now, plus any that are added in the future to the series)
- This VMK series is currently under development. The next VMK will be uploaded to the website when it is completed and ready.
- There is no fixed date on when this series will be completed. It depends on how many features I can implement that are requested from members!
- To make a feature request email me: marek@marekKnows.com
If you have any questions about a particular VMK in this series, visit the Shader Engine forum found here
This VMK Series is available for purchase from the store
There is no source code provided when you purchase this VMK Series, however if you don't want to type in the source as you are watching this VMK series, then you can purchase the Shader Engine Source code from the store
.Part 1+2: Complete Ghost Toast Game Design VMK Bundle
is the prequel to this VMK Series. If you want to fully understand the detailed workings of the game engine, you should complete the VMK in the Game Engine series first.